THE FREIGHTER ARANUI 5
Aranui 5 is a custom-built, dual-purpose passenger/freighter ship designed to offer all of the comforts of a cruise liner, while operating as a supply ship. Aranui 5 is classified as a small vessel, accommodating approximately 230 passengers and 103 cabins.
With 8 different guest decks, the interior decor reflects the Polynesian heritage of her owners and crew. The ship features a restaurant where all the meals onboard are served in a casual setting; 1 lounge; 2 conference rooms, where guest lecturers will offer presentations on various topics related to the Marquesas; 3 bars, including the Sky Bar with sweeping panoramic views; an outdoor swimming-pool; a boutique; a spa; a gym and the first tattoo studio at sea.
Passenger accommodations range from Premium exterior staterooms, more than 90 percent with a private balcony; to Standard exterior staterooms with a picture window or porthole; to Class C, shared dormitory style cabins with occupancy for 4 or 8. Aranui 5’s registry is France and thus sails under French pavilion. As such, she operates under the strictest building and safety guidelines, including the requirements of international SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) regulations and the French Coast Guard (CCS).
- Flag: France
- Length: 126 m. Breadth: 22 m. Draught: 5.2 m.
- Cruising speed: 15 knots
- Propellers: 2
- Freight: 3000 tons
- Capacity: 230 passengers – 103 cabins
- 1 dining room
- 1 spacious lounge & 2 conference rooms
- 3 bars including 1 panoramic bar (Skybar)
- 1 fitness room/gym
- 1 outdoor swimming-pool
- 1 shop, 1 library, 1 spa, 1 tattoo studio
- 2 lifts
Cabins and Suites:
- 38 Staterooms with porthole including 30 Double Staterooms of 11 sqm, 2 Single Staterooms and 6 Quadruple Staterooms.
- 28 Deluxe and Superior Deluxe from 13 to 14.5 sqm with a 4 sqm balcony. Capacity of 2 adults.
- 31 Suites from 18 to 22 sqm + balcony from 4 to 12 sqm (including 2 Junior Suites without balcony and 1 Junior Suite with balcony). Capacity of up to 3 adults.
- 1 Presidential Suite of 41 sqm with a 12 sqm balcony. Capacity of 2 to 3 adults.
- 4 dormitories of 4 persons with porthole
- 1 dormitory of 8 persons with porthole
CABINS AND SUITES
2. QUADRUPLE STATEROOM
The four-passenger staterooms, with approximately 180 sq. ft. (17 sq.m), are equipped of a queen siz...
3. SINGLE STATEROOM
The Single Stateroom has 100 sq. ft. (9 sq.m) of interior space with a porthole, a single bed, a bat...
4. DOUBLE STATEROOM WITH OBSTRUCTED VIEW
With 120 sq. ft. (11 sq.m) of interior space and a picture window with an obstructed view, this exte...
7. DORMITORY - CLASS C - 4 BEDS
Dormitory style accommodations, this category offers 140 sq. ft. (13 sq.m) of shared interior space ...
8. DORMITORY - CLASS C - 8 BEDS
Dormitory style accommodations, this category offers 285 sq. ft. (27 sq.m) of shared interior space ...
9. JUNIOR SUITE WITH BALCONY
With 160 sq. ft. (15 sq.m) of interior space and a balcony of 45 sq. ft. (4 sq.m), this exterior cab...
10. JUNIOR SUITE WITHOUT BALCONY
With 200 sq. ft. (19 sq.m) of interior space, without balcony but with picture windows, this exterio...
13. ROYAL SUITE WITH OBSTRUCTED VIEW
With 240 sq. ft. (22 sq.m) of interior space and a 100 sq. ft. (9 sq.m) private corner balcony, this...
14. PRESIDENTIAL SUITE
Consisting of 3 individual rooms, approximately 440 sq. ft. (41 sq.m) of interior space and a 130 sq...