Aranui's Covid testing requirements
In Papeete, on August 30th 2022
Dear Guests and Partners,
Due to the favourable evolution of the Covid-19 epidemic in French Polynesia and worldwide, the Aranui has just relaxed its boarding conditions as follows:
- As of November 1, 2022, the presentation of proof of a negative result to a Covid-19 detection test is no longer required to board the ARANUI 5.
- Also, the Aranui no longer carries out a second test on board before the first stopover in the Marquesas.
- Please note that the Aranui only welcomes on board passengers and crew members presenting a complete vaccination plan and will maintain as part of its health protocol, the isolation measures in the event of a Covid-19 infection detected during the cruise.
To travel to French Polynesia, we invite you to check the entry conditions on the website of the tourism board.
Please do not hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions or concerns.
We thank you for your understanding.
The Aranui Team
Sanitary bubble on-board
The Aranui has put in place a set of sanitary measures on board to ensure the safety of its passengers, crew and the people we visit.
THE SHIP / THE DESTINATION:
1- The ship is a confined space par excellence: ship’s interior volumes generally do not provide minimum physical distance of 1 to 2 metres.
2- The destination does not allow you to reach a state-of-the-art hospital in less than 48 hours.
These two statements do not authorize any risk-taking to convey nor spread COVID-19 or any other epidemic virus during the cruise.
COMMON SENSE RULES TO APPLY BY ALL ON BOARD AS WELL AS ASHORE:
These rules will seem binding at first glance, they require a good dose of self-discipline, but respected by all, they can guarantee you a beautiful cruise that is not likely to be interrupted or even cancelled by the country’s health authorities.
1- Physical distance: minimum 1 metre (except within a homogeneous group)
2- Wearing the mask: by ALL (except within a homogeneous group) as long as the distance of 1m cannot be respected:
– By the crew members in direct contact with the passengers: restaurant waiters, waiters, housekeepers, receptionists, shopkeepers, masseuse, tattoo artist, guides, ship’s tender crew members, doctor, nurse, etc.
– During your travels in all the interior spaces of the ship,
– During the lectures given on board,
– During the gatherings on board (including Abandon Ship drill),
– During the gatherings ashore,
– On board the ship’s tenders,
– In taxis and public transport,
– In shops and craft centres, etc.
3- Members of a homogeneous group: members of the same family, cabin partners, and people usually living together: gather without any special measures.
4- People outside the homogeneous group: respect physical distance if possible, otherwise wear a mask.
5- Hand washing/disinfection: As often as possible, in hot water and soap, or in hydro-alcoholic gel friction:
– before touching objects and surfaces that others are likely to touch,
– after touching objects or surfaces that others may have touched,
– before entering the bar, restaurant, conference room, leaving the bar, restaurant, conference rooms,
6- Restaurant and bars:
– Members of homogeneous groups will be brought together without any special measures, the others will be spaced at least 1m apart,
– Self-service buffets are suspended,
– Water fountains are not in service , water bottles are available in the cabin and can be refilled during meals by restaurant staff.
7- Outings ashore: In addition to dressing in light clothing that dries quickly, wearing enclosed and comfortable shoes and a headgear, and bringing sunscreen and mosquito repellent, you are urged to bring MASKS and flasks of HYDRO-ALCOHOLIC GEL for your outings ashore.
YOU MAY ANTICIPATE FOR THE WHOLE VOYAGE DURATION:
– A minimum of 3 alternative (fabric) masks per person: you will then have the opportunity to wash/dry them every evening in the cabin,
– Several flasks of hydro-alcoholic gel per person.